Research Officer II Jobs at NIMR Tanzania | November 2023; Are you passionate about making a meaningful impact in the field of medical research? The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) in Tanzania is currently offering exciting opportunities for Research Officer II positions.
Research Officer II Jobs at NIMR Tanzania | November 2023
On behalf of the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), the Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites talented and qualified Tanzanians to apply for three (3) Research Officer II vacant positions.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980; holding the following mandates:
- To carry out and promote the carrying out of health research designed to alleviate disease among the people of Tanzania;
- To carry out, and promote the carrying out of, medical research into various aspects of local traditional medical practices for the purpose of facilitating the development and application of herbal medicine;
- In co-operation with the Government or any other person or body of persons, to promote, or provide facilities for, the training of local personnel for carrying out scientific research into medical problems;
- To monitor, control and co-ordinate medical research carried out within Tanzania, or elsewhere, on behalf of or for the benefit of the Government of Tanzania, and to evaluate the findings of that research;
- To establish a system of the registration of, and to register, the findings of medical research carried out within Tanzania, and promote the practical application of those findings for the purposes of improving or advancing the health and general welfare of the people of Tanzania;
- To establish and operate systems of documentation and dissemination of information on any aspect of the medical research carried out by or on behalf of the institute;
- Carry out, and promote the carrying out of, research and investigation into the causes and the ways of controlling and preventing the occurrence in Tanzania of particular diseases or a category of them.
- In co-operation with the Government or any person or body of persons, carry out and promote the carrying out of, basic, applied and operational research designated to provide effective measures for the control of diseases endemic in Tanzania; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her Supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
Holder of Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and must have scored at least an Upper Second class at Bachelor’s degree or an overall minimum pass of grade B+ for unclassified degrees.
How To Apply
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; https://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
For More detailed information about Research Officer II Jobs at NIMR Tanzania, please download the official job announcement here >> NIMR Jobs November 2023
- Job Openings at MNMA and TIE – Apply Before 16 November 2023
- Driver Jobs at the Ministry of Land Housing and Residential Development
- New ADEM CEO Job Now Open – Exciting Opportunity to Lead Agency for the Development of Educational Management
- TANROADS Hiring 15 New Civil Engineers II: Apply Now!
- Tanzania Railways Corporation Announces 32 Vacant Transfer Posts