Law School of Tanzania Admission Requirements | Entry requirements into courses offered at Law School of Tanzania: The Law School of Tanzania was established by the Law School of Tanzania Act, which came into force on May 2, 2007. The Law School of Tanzania is located near Mawasiliano Bus Stand (Simu 2000) at Sinza “C”, Ubungo off Sam Nujoma/Mpakani Road Dar es salaam.
The school replaced internship programs run by the Attorney General’s Chambers and externship programs at universities. These programs taught practical skills to aspiring lawyers; they have now been replaced by a new program that will be run by the Law School. The school is part of the Ministry of Constitutional Affairs and Justice.
The School offers a training program that trains law graduates to become advocates of the High Court of Tanzania. The program is a year-long training session in which students learn practical skills they would use as a practitioner. This is done through “learning by doing” exercises that take place in an academic setting.
Law School of Tanzania Admission Requirements
The Law School of Tanzania has established admission criteria for the practical legal training programme, which is governed by the Admission, Fees and Conduct of Practical Legal Training Rules, 2011. The Rules provide for payment of fees, as well as eligibility requirements for students.
According to law school of Tanzania admission rule 3 (1), all applicants wish to study at law school of Tanzania must have the following minimal admission requirements.
- In order to be accepted into law school of Tanzania you must hold a bachelor of law degree or be eligible for the conferment of the Bachelor of Laws Degree of an accredited higher education institution in Tanzania Mainland before applying. Or
- Equivalent qualifications approved by the Continuing Legal Education council obtained from any institution within or outside Tanzania. The purpose of this criterion is to allow for recognition of degree qualifications which might have a different name but whose content is substantially the same as that offered in the Bachelor of Laws.
In addition to the criteria mentioned above, all applicants wish to study at law school of Tanzania must have passed all the core subjects for the bachelor of laws degree (which include criminal law and procedure, constitutional law, law of contract, law of torts, land law, law of business associations, legal method, family law, public international law, law of evidence, civil procedure, tax law, administrative law, labor law; and jurisprudence.
For more detailed information about law school of Tanzania admission requirements, please check from the embedded pdf document below.Law School of Tanzania Entry requirements
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Amazon College Admission Requirements
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Kam College Entry Requirements 2022/2023
- MUST Entry requirements (Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha MUST Mbeya)
- Requirements To Join Teaching Colleges in Tanzania 2022
- IFM Entry Requirements | Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha Uhasibu
- Institute of Accountancy Arusha Entry Requirements 2022/2023
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha DUCE Entry Requirements
- Abdulrahman Al Sumait University Entry Requirements