How To Apply for A University Course In Tanzania: So you’re about to graduate from high school, and having decided on what you’d like to major in for college, or at least made a decision on the type of job you’d like to pursue in the future, there comes the time when the next step is to try and secure a place in a university.
Applying for university in Tanzania can be very stressful, not to mention expensive sometimes, especially if you have your eye on one of the best university in a country like University of Dar es salaam.
The process can be very daunting, but if you’re prepared and have your documents ready, then the application process will not be much of a problem. With that said, this article will give you a step-by-step guide on how to apply for university in Tanzania.
How To Apply for A University Course In Tanzania
Higher Education as a whole is a very competitive field with most individuals being required to have at least a division II or above to secure a place at some of the top universities in Tanzania. This is why it’s important to consider all of your options when choosing which university to attend.
It’s important to realize that some of the best universities are very competitive, and you may not want to take them as your first option unless you have top marks from your Necta Form four and Six exams.
If you feel like your results are in no place to compete in some of the popular universities , remember there are many other universities in Tanzania that offer the same or even better facilities than University of Dar es salaam, so it’s important to do your research before making a decision.
University Admission Procedure in Tanzania
All applicants should submit their applications directly to the universities of their choice, and any questions about their applications should be directed to the particular institutions.
- For example, let say you are interested in applying for University of Dar es salaam then you should visit their online application portal from their official website to start sending your application. To do so
- Visit university of Dar Es Salaam official website www.udsm.ac.tz then click on the Apply Now link as shown from the image provided below
- Once you click on the Apply Now button, you will be redirected to University of Dar Es Salaam’s online application system. There, you can complete the application process by entering your personal details and other required information.
Applicants should read and understand the guidelines and admission requirements for each program they plan to apply for. These can be found in TCU undergraduate guide book and on the websites of individual institutions.
Applicants must ensure that they have sufficient knowledge for the programs and institutions they are about to apply, taking into account competition, passes, and career goals.
Applicants must confirm that their names and index numbers submitted in their admission application match those used in form four and form six national examinations.
Before submitting their admissions applications, all applicants with foreign qualifications must have their qualifications confirmed and equivalent by the various regulatory organizations as follows:
- The National Examinations Council of Tanzania NECTA for certificates of secondary education and teacher education
- The National Council for Technical Education NACTE for diploma and NTA level 6 qualifications.
When applying for a programme, students should make sure they can afford the cost of tuition. If they can’t they should make an arrangement i.e applying for higher education loan for loan board etc.