Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo Wa Chuo Tanzania 2022 | HESLB Online Application 2022/2023:
A student loan is a great way for students from low-income families to finance their education. Many students in Tanzania have been able to complete their university studies with the help of these loans, whereas without it they would not have been able to afford the cost of education which is high for many families in Tanzania.
The higher education loan board (HESLB) has been the main provider of student loans in Tanzania since the program started in 2004. HESLB provides financing to Tanzanian students at a low-interest rate, usually only 6%.
The loan program has been very successful, with over 100,000 students from low-income families completing their education thanks to the help of these loans. The program works by giving students access to affordable financing for their university studies. Here we’ll take you through HESLB Online Application process and also provide with important details you may need to know about the Higher Education Students’ Loans
Higher Education Students’ Loans HESLB Online Application
Student loans are likely to be a part of your college planning. With the cost of college continuing to rise, more and more students are finding that they need some form of financial aid. The good news is that there are a number of different types of student loans available to help you pay for college.
The best one in Tanzania is applying for the Higher Education Students’ Loans HESLB. According to statistics, more than 60% of four-year college graduates are in debt, so you’re not alone if money is a concern. Applying for a student loan might be a frightening procedure, but it does not have to be. You can make the procedure run more smoothly with some research and planning.
What Is Higher Education Students’ Loans Board HESLB
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No. 9 of 2004, as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016. Its mandate is to assist needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
Eligibility For The Higher Education Students Loan Application In Tanzania
General criteria require the loan applicant to meet the conditions the following: –
- Must be a Tanzanian (as defined by HESLB Act No. 9 of 2004, as amended).
- Must have send his/her interest for the loan through the HESLB Online Loan Application System (OLAS).
- Applicant must have been admitted as a full-time student into a Higher Learning Institution and be in the process of pursuing a Higher Diploma / First Degree on a full-time basis through the Central Admission System (CAS) or other accepted systems recognized by TCU and NACTEVET.
- Applicant must be a person who is not fully funded by other organizations or sources offering higher education student loans board.
- For undergraduate applicants, he should not be employed by government or private sector
- A student applying for a loan to continue his studies with a copy of his results slip showing the achievement of his studies to enable him to continue his studies for a year following or going to another stage of studies.
- A beneficiary student who wishes to apply for another loan after his discontinuation from college must pay back at least 25 percent of his original loan before applying for a new loan. The repayment does not serve as collateral for the new loan.
Sifa za muombaji mokopo wa elimu ya juu HESLB Tanzania 2022
Higher Education Students’ Loans Coverage | Vipengele Vya Mikopo
- Books and Stationery expenses
- Meals and Accommodation charges
- Tuition Fee
- Field Practical/Teaching Practical Work expenses
- Special Faculty Requirements
- Research expenses
Loan Application Fee
To apply for Higher Education Students Loan, applicants must pay Shs30,000 application fee through the following banks: NMB Bank, CRDB or TPB or through networks M-PESA phone, TIGO PESA, and AIRTEL MONEY. The application fee is non-refundable and should be paid before the application form is submitted. For more information visit: https://www.heslb.go.tz/
How To Apply For Heslb Loan 2022/2023
To apply for HESLB Loan Online, Follow the steps below:
- Visit the HESLB Loan OLAMS official website: https://olas.heslb.go.tz/index.php/olas/Olas.
- Navigate & click on ‘Apply for Loan‘ on the website home page.
- Register on the portal by entering your contact information and uploading any documents requested.
- To complete your application, you’ll need to pay a non-refundable application fee. The following payment methods are accepted: AirTel Money, Vodacom M-PESA, Tigo PESA, etc.
In case of enquires, contact HESLB during work hours (0830 hrs – 1700hrs) through: 0736 66 55 33 (WhattsApp); 022 550 7910 (Calls from any network); [email protected].