courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam (Kozi zinazotolewa na Chuo cha ustawi wa jamii): The Institute of Social Work ISW is a Tanzanian higher learning institution founded by the Institute of Social Work Act [Cap 110 R.E 2002] as modified by the written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No. 3) Act of 2002, thus referred to as the Act.
The Institute was founded to train skilled human resources to boost Tanzania’s social service delivery organization. It began operations in 1974 at rented facilities of the Tanzania Episcopal Conference in Kurasini before relocating to its current location in Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam, in 1978.
The first program was the Ordinary Diploma in Social Work, which was created to alleviate the Social Welfare Department’s shortfall of social welfare workers. The Institute began providing an Advanced Diploma in Social Work in 1977. This was necessitated by the need to meet social work professional training and educational standards.
Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam 2022/2023
If you have just completed your ordinary or advanced level secondary education and are wanting to add more qualifications to your CV or simply want to pursue your ambition of earning a certificate, diploma, or degree, the Institute of Social Work may offer a course for you. Here is a list of all degree, diploma, and certificate courses available at the Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam at 2022/2023 academic calender (Kozi zinazotolewa na Chuo cha ustawi wa jamii).
Basic Technician Certificate Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work
- Basic Technician Certificate in Social Work (Dar es Salaam and Kisangara Campus)
- Basic Technician Certificate in Community Work with Children and Youth
- Basic Technician Certificate in Business Administration
- Basic Technician Certificate in Labour Relations and Public Management
- Basic Technician Certificate in Human Resource Management
Ordinary Diploma Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam
- Social Work (Dar es Salaam and Kisangara Campus)
- Business Administration
- Labour Relations and Public Management
- Human Resource Management
Bachelor Degree Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam
- Bachelor Degree In Social Work
- Bachelor Degree In Business Administration
- Bachelor Degree In Labour Relations and Public Management
- Bachelor Degree In Human Resource Management
Postgraduate Diploma Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes in Law
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes in Mediation and Arbitration (Evening Session)
Master Degree Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work Dar es salaam
- Masters Degree In Social Work
Regulations for Admission Into Courses Offered At Institute of Social Work
- Application forms can be collected at the Registrar’s office, downloaded from the Institute website, or submitted using the Online Application System (OAS) on the IRDP website at www.irdp.ac.tz. Completed application forms must be received by the Registrar’s office by the deadline specified in the advertising asking for applications for the specific academic year. Only applicants who satisfy the minimal entrance requirements should submit application forms.
- Only candidates who satisfy the minimal entrance criteria will be considered.
- Selected applicants must report for an orientation session, which usually takes place the week before the start of the new academic year.
- The registration deadline for first-year students is two weeks after the first day of orientation week, whereas the deadline for continuing students is the Friday of the second week after the start of a semester.
- Furthermore, students will be admitted only if they can show proof of payment of at least half of the amount that is directly payable to the Institute.
- All students must strictly adhere to Institute norms and bylaws.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, no student may alter a program to which he or she has been admitted.
- Students will not be permitted to alter their names throughout their studies, and they will only be permitted to use the names that appear on their certificates.
- Except under exceptional circumstances, no student will be permitted to postpone studies beyond the start of an academic year. Permission to postpone studies will be granted only once adequate proof of the grounds for the postponement is provided.
- Courses Offered At Institute of Rural Development Planning IRDP 2022/2023
- Institute of Public Administration IPA Courses Offered 2022/2023
- Institute of Finance Management IFM Courses 2022/2023
- Institute of Accountancy Arusha IAA Courses Offered 2022/2023
- HKMU Hubert Kairuki Memorial University Courses Offered 2022/2023
- Eastern and Southern African Management Institute ESAMI Courses 2022/2023
- Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre EASTC Courses Offered 2022/2023
- Dar es Salaam Maritime Institute Short Courses 2022
- Dar es Salaam Maritime Institute Courses Offered 2022/2023