Bachelor of Arts in Economics At UDSM University of Dar es salaam: In today’s competitive job market, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from a highly reputable institution such as University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is a smart and strategic choice.
UDSM is one of the leading universities in Tanzania and offers a Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BAE) program that is designed to prepare students for professional careers in economics, business, and public policy.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the benefits of pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Economics at UDSM, its curriculum, career prospects, and why this degree can be your ticket to a successful and fulfilling career.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics At UDSM University of Dar es Salaam
The Bachelor of Arts in Economics program at UDSM covers a wide range of topics, including microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, statistics, and economic development. Students also have the opportunity to take elective courses in areas such as environmental economics, financial economics, and labor economics.
In addition to the rigorous academic coursework, the BAE program at UDSM also provides students with opportunities for work experience. Students can participate in research projects, internships, and field studies.
They can also join the UDSM Economics Society, which hosts a variety of events and activities to promote economic literacy and debate. A BAE degree from UDSM can open up a world of opportunities for graduates.
Graduates can find employment in a variety of sectors, including government, business, and non-profit organizations. They can also pursue further studies in economics or other related fields.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in economics, the Bachelor of Arts in Economics at UDSM is a great option. The program will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in your chosen field.
Entry Requirements Into Bachelor of Arts in Economics At UDSM
- Direct Entry (Form VI)Qualifications: Two or more principal level passes, one of which must be in Economics. In addition, one must have at least a Subsidiary pass in Mathematics at ACSEE or a grade of ‘C’ or better at CSEE.
- Equivalent Qualifications: Diploma in Economics and related fields, recognized by UDSM Senate of GPA not less than 3.5 or B grade or distinction
The Bachelor of Arts in Economics Curriculum At University of Dar es salaam UDSM
The curriculum at UDSM is designed to provide students with a well-rounded education in economics. It covers a wide range of topics, including:
First Year Semester I
- Introductory Microeconomic Analysis I
- Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis I
- Principles of Accounting I
- Basic Mathematics
- Introduction to Social Science Research Methods
- Development Perspectives I
First Year Semester II
- Introductory Microeconomic Analysis II
- Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis II
- Principles of Accounting II
- Introduction to Statistics
- Development Perspectives II
- Communication Skills for Arts and Social Sciences
Second Year Semester I
Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis I
Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis I
Quantitative Methods I
Development Economics I
A student must choose only one of the following courses:
Pan-African Thought and Practice I
Introduction to Computers
Probability Distributions I
Introduction to Financial Services
Second Year Semester II
Intermediate Microeconomic Analysis II
Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis II
Quantitative Methods II
Development Economics II
Introduction to Critical Thinking and Argumentation
Practical Training (done during the long vacation)
Third Year Semester I
Economic Policy, Planning and Programming I
Monetary Economics I
Public Finance I
International Economics I
Applied Quantitative Methods and Econometrics II
Third Year Semester II
Applied Quantitative Methods and Econometrics I
Economic Policy, Planning and Programming II
Monetary Economics II
Public Finance II
International Economics II
How Much Does It Cost To Study Bachelor of Arts in Economics At UDSM?
The tuition fees for the Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BAE) program at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) for Tanzanian students is 1,300,000 Tanzanian Shillings (TZS) per academic year. For non-Tanzanian nationals, the tuition fees is 2,700 US Dollars (USD) per year.
In addition to the tuition fees, students are also required to pay direct university costs, such as:
- ID fee 5,000
- Registration (once) 5,000
- Examination Fee 12,000
- Medical Capitation Fees 50,400
- Student Union Fee 5,000
- TCU Quality Assurance Cost 20,000
Career Prospects with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from UDSM
A Bachelor of Arts in Economics from university of Dar es salaam opens doors to a wide range of career opportunities. UDSM graduates have gone on to successful careers in:
- Banking and Finance
- Government and Public Policy
- International Organizations
- Research and Academia
- ARIS 3 UDSM Login | University Of Dar Es Salaam ARIS Online
- UDSM Selected Applicants 2023/2024 Pdf
- University Of Dar Es Salaam UDSM Joining Instruction 2023/2024
- UDSM Certificate Courses And Fees 2023/2024
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Chuo Cha UDSM Entry Requirements 2023
- Agricultural Courses Offered At University Of Dar es salaam | Kozi Za Kilimo UDSM
- Sifa Na Vigezo Vya Kusoma Sheria UDSM | Admission Entry Into UDSM School Of Law
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Kozi Za Uchumi Tanzania