Abdulrahman Al Sumait University Entry Requirements, Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University Minimum Entry Requirenments, Sifa za kujiunga na chuo cha SUMAIT UNIVERSITY
Abdulrahman Al Sumait University Entry Requirements | Sifa za Kujiunga Sumait University
The Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University SUMAIT is among Tanzania’s leading institutions with a reputation for excellence. So, it’s no surprise that the admissions process is might be highly competitive. To apply to Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University, you will need to meet the entry requirements for your chosen course.
These requirements vary depending on the course and the college you apply to. In this article, we will outline the general entry requirements for the Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University SUMAIT, as well as the specific requirements for some of the most popular courses. Keep reading to learn more!
General entry requirements for the Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University
There are a few general entry requirements that you should be aware of before applying to any university in Tanzania. The first and most important requirement is that you must have a high school certificate or equivalent. If you do not have a high school certificate, you will not be able to apply to any universities in Tanzania. You can read more about universities general entry requirements below
General entry requirements For Degree Programs
- Direct Entry: Two (2) principal passes with a total of at least 4.0 points
- Degree Programs – Equivalent Entry: At least four O-Level passes (D’s and above) or National Vocation Awards (NVA) Level III with less than four O-Level passes, or equivalent foreign qualifications as established by either NACTE, NECTA or VETA; and At least a GPA of 3.0 for Ordinary Diploma (NTA Level 6); Or Average of C for Full Technician Certificate (FTC) (where A=5, B=4, C=3, and D=2 points); or Average of ‘B’ Grade for Diploma in Teacher Education; or A Distinction for unclassified diplomas and certificates. Or Upper Second Class for classified non-NTA diplomas.
- Foundation Program Holders: Holders of a foundation Program from the Open University of Tanzania (OUT) with the GPA of 3.0 from the respective 6 core subjects and at least a C grade from each of the three subjects in a respective cluster (arts, science, or Business studies).
General entry requirements For Non-Degree Programs
- Certificate applicant should have at least four passes (D’s) or 3 credits at “O” level
- Diploma Applicants should have a Basic Technician certificate (NTA 4) OR At least one principal pass (E) and one subsidiary (S) at advanced level (form VI) for old grading system. Or one pass (D) and one (E) for new grading system or 3 credits.
Specific requirements into Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University
In addition to Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University general Entry Requirements, applicants must also met the specific entry requirements for the course he/she interested in apply. Below we have listed some of the specific entry requirements into some of the most popular courses at Abdulrahman Al- Sumait University.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Basic Technician Certificate and Ordinary Diploma in Business Information Technology
- At least four passes (excluding Religious subjects) but including English and mathematics in Certificate of Secondary Education Examination OR NVA 3 with at least two passes in Certificate of Secondary Education Examination
Entry requirements for Undergraduates (Degrees)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education: Diploma in Education with an average of “B” or a minimum GPA of 3.0. For direct entry an applicants must have Two principal passes in the following subjects: History, English, Geography, Kiswahili or Arabic.
- Bachelor of science with Education: Diploma in Education with an average of “B” or a minimum GPA of 3.0. For direct entry applicants must have Two principal passes in the following subjects: Physics, Advanced Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science or Geography.
- Bachelor of Arts in Counselling Psychology: Diploma in counselling, Psychology, Public Health, Psychiatric, Medicine, Sociology, Social Work, Law, Nursing, Philosophy, Midwifery or Education with an average of “B” or a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants who have graduated their advanced secondary school must have Two principal passes in the following subjects: History, Geography, Kiswahili, English Language, Literature in English, French, Arabic, Fine Art, Economics, Commerce, Accountancy, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Mathematics, Agriculture, Computer Science or Nutrition.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology: Diploma in Computer science, Information Technology, Information System,Business Information Technology, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, telecommunications Engineering with an average of “B” or a minimum GPA of 3.0
For more Abdulrahman Al Sumait University Entry Requirements please visit the official institution website at sumait.ac.tz
- SUMAIT University Fees Structure 2022/2023
- Courses Offered At Abdulrahman Al Sumait University SUMAIT 2022/2023
- Certificate And Diploma Courses Offered At The Open University of Tanzania
- Kampala International University in Tanzania Courses 2022/2023
- List Of Courses Offered At Catholic University College of Mbeya CUCoM